- FITNESS TRAINING
- OUTDOOR FEATURES
- SMART NOTIFICATIONS
- CONNECT IQ™
True Performance Meets True Style
- Omni-directional stainless steel EXO™ antenna, with GPS/GLONASS satellite reception, has the ability to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- Elevate™ wrist heart rate technology¹ measures heart rate at the wrist
- Fitness training features like advanced running dynamics with vertical oscillation and vertical ratio, VO2 max, recovery advisor and more¹
- 1.2-inch sunlight-readable Garmin Chroma Display™ with high-strength domed sapphire lens
- Outdoor navigation features like 3-axis compass, altimeter and barometer and TracBack® feature
fēnix 3 HR multisport training GPS watch is rugged, capable and smart. With feature sets for fitness training plus feature sets for outdoor navigation, fēnix 3 HR is ready for any training activity and competition. Access to the Connect IQTM platform allows customization of watch faces and data fields and provides downloadable widgets and apps.
Serious Style That Stands Up to the Roughest Conditions
The sleek fēnix 3 HR watch features a protective PVD-stainless steel bezel and buttons, treated silicone band and reinforced housing for extra durability. A sunlight-visible, high-resolution color Garmin Chroma Display with LED backlight lets you access your data in any light. fēnix 3 HR is water-rated to 100 meters and has a battery life of up to 40 hours in UltraTrac™ battery saver mode, 16 hours in GPS mode and up to 2 weeks in smartwatch mode (all depending on settings).
Elevate Wrist Heart Rate Technology
fēnix 3 HR watch includes Elevate wrist heart rate technology¹, giving you the option to monitor your heart rate without wearing a chest strap. In addition to counting steps and monitoring sleep, fēnix 3 HR uses heart rate to provide accurate calories burned information and quantify the intensity of your fitness activities.
Measure Oxygen Levels and More During Exercise
fēnix 3 HR watch is packed with additional training features to tell you about your form and fitness. The VO2 max estimator crunches data, including your running speed, beats per minute and heart rate variability to estimate the maximum volume of oxygen you can consume per minute. Track changes to see your fitness gains and to compare with your peers. Other fitness metrics include recovery advisor with a recovery timer and recovery check, plus a race predictor, which estimates your ideal finish time based on your current VO2 max number.
Advanced Running Dynamics and Physiological Metrics
Go further with your running data and tap into extended physiological metrics and advanced running dynamics². fēnix 3 HR reports the following data:
- Vertical oscillation and ratio — the degree of 'bounce' in your running motion and the benefit ratio to stride length
- Ground contact time and balance — shows how much time, in the running motion, your foot is on the ground rather than in flight and lets you check your running symmetry
- Cadence — number of steps per minute
- Stride length — determines a responsive current pace
- Physiological metrics measure your heart to provide:
- Stress score: fēnix 3 HR measures your heart rate variability while standing still, for 3 minutes, to provide you with an estimated stress level. The scale of this is 1 to 100, low scores indicate lower stress levels
- Performance condition: After running for 6-20 minutes, fēnix 3 HR compares your real-time condition to your average fitness levels
- Lactate threshold: Through analysis of your pace and heart rate, fēnix 3 HR estimates the point where your muscles start to rapidly fatigue
Swim Profile, Ski/Board Mode, Rowing and Golf
fēnix 3 HR watch isn’t just for running; special feature sets help swim training, skiing, golfing and paddle sports, including stand up paddle boarding and rowing. Borrowing from the Garmin Swim™ device, fēnix 3 HR watch tracks your distance, pace, stroke count and more. You just tell fēnix 3 HR watch the size of the pool you’re swimming in and begin your workout. Ski/Board mode puts speed, distance, vertical drop and an automatic run counter (with Auto Pause for the lift line) and more at your fingertips. The feature set for paddle sports includes stroke count, stroke rate and even distance per stroke. Golf mode gives you yardage to the front, back and middle of the green for any single course you’ve downloaded from Garmin Connect™. You can even use your fēnix 3 as a glove-friendly remote, via ANT+® wireless connectivity, for VIRB® action cameras.
Navigate Your Way
fēnix 3 HR watch provides comprehensive navigation and tracking functionalities to guide you on and off the beaten path using GPS plus ABC (altimeter, barometer and compass). TracBack feature navigates you back to your starting point the same way you came. Its built-in sensors provide information on heading, elevation and weather changes.
It records a GPS track log, creating a “bread crumb trail” as you move. It also allows you to mark locations, such as a start/finish line, course checkpoint or a campsite, vehicle or other point of interest. With fēnix 3 HR watch, you can create and follow courses as well.
fēnix 3 HR watch is equipped with both ANT+ connectivity and Bluetooth®³ smart capabilities to wirelessly share locations, routes and geocaches.
Altimeter, Barometer and Compass
fēnix 3 HR watch is equipped with ABC sensors to provide relevant, real-time information. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent, while the barometer can be used to predict weather changes by showing short-term trends in air pressure. The 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing whether you’re moving or not.
fēnix 3 HR watch auto-calibrates its ABC sensors using its GPS receiver and also auto sets the time based on location. For an extremely accurate temperature reading, pair it with our tempe™ external temperature sensor.
Custom Apps and Watch Faces
Personalize fēnix 3 HR watch with free downloads from our Connect IQ store. You can customize your watch face, add data fields and get apps and widgets that provide information at a glance.
Smart notifications² let you receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch, even if you're on the trail. fēnix 3 HR watch receives the wireless signal from a compatible smartphone² and lets you know you have a message by displaying the text on its own screen whenever you’re ready to read it.
Other connected features include automatic upload to Garmin Connect online fitness community, live tracking and social media sharing through our free Garmin Connect and Garmin Connect™ Mobile applications.
¹Activity tracking accuracy
²Heart rate monitors and HRM-Run, sold separately.
³Phone must be Bluetooth® Smart. See Garmin.com/BLE for compatibility.